Kalsooni Cards – Affirmations in Afka HooyoApril 22, 2020
My Diasporic Diary: A Reflective Journal For Members of the Diaspora
Published in 2018, My Diasporic Diary is a reflective journal for members of the diaspora worldwide.
Contemplative Prompts and Artistic Challenges
Divided into 10 Sections (Home, Culture, Love, Language, etc)
Better Navigate, Document and Discuss Diasporic Experience!
Journal your Journey!
Signed by author Anisa Hagi-Mohamed
Published in 2018, My Diasporic Diary is a reflective journal for members of the diaspora worldwide. Divided into 10 sections, the journal is filled with contemplative prompts and artistic challenges to help members of the diaspora better navigate and discuss their feelings, experiences, and perspectives.
- The creator of the journal, Anisa Hagi-Mohamed, is a 1.5 generation Somali diaspora residing in the U.S.
- Journal is for the fellow diaspora, wherever they are in the world, and whatever their origins may be.
- Topics include love, healing, home, culture, language, passions, and more.
- Create a written legacy of your diasporic journeys (Journal your Journey).
- Share with family, friends, children – great for collaborative workshops, meetings, etc.
- Unique – first journal to address diaspora population.
- Journal has prompts, art therapy exercises, and affirmations.
- Used in community discussions online (Diasporic Diary Nights)
- Also used in mental health groups online.
|Dimensions||8 × 0.45 × 10 in|